Thursday, January 21, 2010

There are a lot of angry people in this world.

So I am sitting in the Philly terminal delayed. I know better than to fly through this airport, so maybe I'm just prepared and expected it. But there are some people here way more upset about than me.
I am going to Baltimore from Boston and decided to log a couple extra US Air segments to maintain Platinum status (and get 1750 miles on $115 ticket). I could have taken a direct flight (there were 8 to choose from!) but hey all I was going to do was sleep and go to work. Silly and ridiculous I know, so that's why I wasn't really all that upset.

Meanwhile, I have witnessed a dozen people just bitch and moan. A few are ranting right now, and for what? I'm sure they have had a long day coming from much farther places, but to expect air travel to go perfect is just an unrealistic expectation. Its why I try to be honest with myself and my schedule with what I cannot accomplish. 
I think it is part of this recent growth in people's sense of entitlement. This arrogant and narcistic desire to be treated as the most important person in the world is really just embarrassing. Suddenly when we're the customer, we have adopted this belief that we can be an asshole and angry when people don't help us. This kind of behavior shows the true personality traits of the individual as they project their own anger and frustrations about them self onto others with total disregard of the golden rule.

So I am going to sit patiently, finish reading my book, follow up on some emails and get some prep work for tomorrow so that may day goes smooth and fast, hopefully to catch an earlier flight!

It's just one of those reminders that:

1. Make the most of the situations dealt.
AND
2. Don't let life stress you out, it won't do you any good!

No comments: